DEISA Training Session Barcelona, March 7th - 9th, 2007
Venue: Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Barcelona, Spain
The 3rd DEISA training session was organized at Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain on March 7th - 9th, 2007. Scientists from all European countries and members of industrial organizations involved in high performance computing were invited to attend. In total there were 32 participants.
The next session will be held at CSC - Finnish IT center for science, in Espoo, Finland on May 30th - June 1st, 2007. The registration for this event will open in March.
The purpose of the training is to enable fast development of user skills and know-how needed for the efficient utilisation of the DEISA infrastructure. The first part of the training will give a global description and introduction to the DEISA infrastructure and will describe the general middleware services, the usage of the DEISA Common Production Environment and the detailed utilisation of UNICORE. The topic for the second part of the training will be codes optimization and heterogeneous environments.
- DEISA General Presentations
- Special Topic - Performance measurements and codes optimization, Jesús Labarta, BSC
- Use Cases
- FEARLESS - A new modelling approach for turbulent astrophysical flows, Wolfram Schmidt, University of Würzburg
- Improving Quantum Computer Simulations: Deisa project results, Marcus Richter and Guido Arnold, FZJ
- Monte Carlo Simulation of a Twisted Nematic Display, Matteo Ricci, Dipartimento di Chimica Fisica e Inorganica - Universita' di Bologna