DEISA Training Session Bologna, October 29 - 31, 2007
The fifth DEISA training session was held at CINECA Supercomputing Centre, Bologna, Italy on October 29 - 31, 2007.
The purpose of the training was to enable fast development of user skills and know-how needed for the efficient utilisation of the DEISA infrastructure. The first part of the training gave a global description and introduction to the usage of the DEISA infrastructure. The second part of the training was dedicated to the topic of Data treatment and Advanced Visualisation in HPC.
The presentations below are are in PDF format (except one ZIP source code collection). They are accessed via the links below, or they can downloaded (e.g. by using the other button of the mice, for righthanded people the right one, and choosing "Save ..."; the excact wording varies with the browser).
DEISA General Presentations
- DEISA Access, filesystems and job submission (200 kB), Denis Girou, IDRIS
- DEISA Common Production Environment (700 kB), Denis Girou, IDRIS
- UNICORE (8 MB), Michael Rambadt, FZJ
- The DESHL Client, Malcolm Illingworth, EPCC
Special Topic: Data treatment and Advanced Visualisation in HPC
- Accessing External Data Resources from DEISA Grid (700 kB), Nicola Mc Donnell, EPCC
- Interoperable Data Visualization and Analysis for HPC Simulations, Claudio Gheller, CINECA
- Lagrangian HEAVY particles in turbulence (35 MB), Federico Toschi, IAC CNR, Rome, Italy
- BacAbsMS: Molecular Simulation in Vaccine Research (10 MB) Xavier Daura, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Polyres: Curvy membranes make proteins attractive (6 MB), Ben Reynwar, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
- PSI-Wat: Ab-initio simulations of protein surface interactions (1.9 MB), Stefano Corni, INFM-CNR S3 Center, Modena, Italy
Original links to training session info (now obsolete):