Workshop on "Service Infrastructures for Research: Supercomputers, Grids and Clouds, and the DEISA Example" at GIS Conference 2010
At the annual conference of the German Informatics Society, "Informatik 2010" in Leipzig, Germany, DEISA organizes a workshop on "Service Infrastructures for Research: Supercomputers, Grids and Clouds, and the DEISA Example", on 30. September 9:00 - 12:30.
DEISA, the Distributed European Infrastructure for Supercomputing
Applications, is a consortium of leading national supercomputing centres that aims at fostering the pan-European world-leading computational science research, please see www.deisa.eu for more details.
The following six presentations have been arranged:
- Wolfgang Gentzsch, DEISA: Building and operating research e-Infrastructures, Grids, and Clouds
- Andrea Vanni, CINECA: Infrastructure operation & technologies deployment in DEISA
- Mariano Vazquez, BSC: Enabling applications for the European supercomputing ecosystem
- Joerg Schumacher, University Ilmenau: Cloud09: Cloud formation in moist convective turbulence
- Istvan Montvay, DESY: Lattice Quantum Chromodynamics – Quantum Field Theory on the Lattice
- Michael Martinez, EML-Research: Musiprol: Multiscale simulation of membrane-associated multiprotein complexes
Workshop language is English. Please see more details on the workshop and on the conference at http://www.informatik2010.de/478.html We like to invite you to join our DEISA Workshop just in case you will join the Informatik 2010 Conferenz in Leipzig.