Science and Projects
This section informs about computational projects utilizing the DEISA HPC infrastructure.
- The DEISA Extreme Computing Initiative
- The current DECI call
- Support by the Applications Task Force (ATASKF)
- Approved DECI projects running on the HPC infrastructure
- Accomplished DECI projects and references to results and related scientific publications
- Science Communities currently utilizing the DEISA HPC infrastructure
- Projects from the area of Engineering and Industry
- Information about the Benchmarking Activity
management and the organisation of the DEISA Extreme Computing Initiative DECI,
the support of Virtual Science Communities and of user from Engineering and Industry with HPC applications, and the provision and maintenance of a European Benchmark Suite for
high-end supercomputers are major objectives of DEISA. Through the DECI, many more major European computational
science projects and communities can benefit from the direct access to the DEISA HPC infrastructure.
DECI provides a route for computational scientists in new and emerging
applications areas to access the leading European HPC facilities. It also gives an
opportunity for DEISA to establish working relationships with new user communities from science and industry. The benchmarking activity enables DEISA to better understand and quantify the
relative performance characteristics of each of the HPC systems in the DEISA
infrastructure, and it will enable the DEISA Applications Task Force to direct potential users with their applications to those HPC
facilities which match most closely their computational requirements.