The following document describes the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) which a user of the DEISA infrastructure is deemed to accept. This is in addition to the policies you have to accept of the DEISA site which registers you as DEISA user. The registration procedure of the site will contain the details.
By registering with the Virtual Organization (the "VO”, ie. the DEISA partner that registers you as a DEISA user”) as a GRID user you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use:
1. You shall only use the GRID to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies of the VO of which you are a member and in compliance with these conditions of use.
2. You shall not use the GRID for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any GRID administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your GRID credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
3. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the GRID or GRID credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the VO and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
4. Use of the GRID is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the GRID will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
5. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, shall be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed, via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to other organizations cooperating with DEISA. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
6. The Resource Providers, the VOs and the GRID operators are entitled to regulate and terminate access for administrative, operational and security purposes and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
7. You are liable for the consequences of any violation by you of these conditions of use
8. You must notify your VO administrator about any changes in your contact information.
9. In case that some or parts of these conditions are invalid or impracticable or if they become invalid or impracticable after the contract is signed, the remainder of the conditions is not affected. Only affected conditions may be substituted by conditions which are most close to the intended ones. This includes also incomplete conditions.
- PDF Version of the Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use Policy is based on the version 3.1 of the AUP as produced by the JSPG (https://edms.cern.ch/file/428036/3/Grid_AUP.doc) as a general document for grid infrastructures.
For DEISA few modifications have been made:
08 May 2007: Builds on JSPG AUP v3.1. item 5 changed and new item 8 added.
11 Jun 2007: Inserted item 8. Previous item 8 has become item 9.