DEISA Training Session Paris, July 3-5, 2006
Venue: Concorde Saint-Lazare Hotel, Paris, FRANCE
Six training sessions will be organized between mid-2006 and early 2008 in different European countries ( Finland, France, Italy, Germany and Spain ), to enable fast development of skills and knowledge needed for efficient utilisation of the DEISA infrastructure by the users. Each of these sessions will be divided between a general part, which will be repeated each time, to present a global description of the infrastructure and of the usage of its major software components, and a dedicated part on a specialized topic.
The first session was organized in Paris in July at the Concorde Saint-Lazare Hotel. The next session is scheduled to be held in Jülich, Germany on October 23-25, 2006. The registration for that event will open in September.
- DEISA general presentations
- DEISA project and organization, Victor Alessandrini, IDRIS, DEISA Project Director
- DEISA infrastructure and middleware, Denis Girou, IDRIS
- DEISA Common Production Environment, Denis Girou, IDRIS
- UNICORE (UNiform Interface to COmputing RESources), Michael Rambadt, FZJ
- DESHL (DEISA Services for the Heterogeneous management Layer), Malcolm Illingworth, EPCC
- Highly scalable parallel applications - Tools and techniques, Mark Bull and Gavin Pringle, EPCC
- Highly scalable parallel applications - Use cases
- The HORIZON Project: High Performance Computing and cosmology, Édouard Audit, Astrophysics Department, CEA/DAPNIA/SAp, Saclay , France
- Scaling ECMWF's IFS Forecast Model to large numbers of processors, George Mozdzynski, ECMWF, Reading , The Great Britain
- Channel 2000: A highly parallel algorithm for computing wall turbulence using 2K processors, Sergio Hoyas , School of Aeronautics , Madrid , Spain
- Domain Cloning - A new approach to parallelization of particle-in-cell (PIC) codes, Roman Hatzky, RZG, IPP & MPG, Garching , Germany